Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And the Fun Continues......

Well, the Griners are at it again. At least, Landon and Addi are. So far they are the only ones who have come down with the flu! Yes, the flu! We have been under the weather now for many days. This is the second week, we have been "home bound" due to illness. Luckily, no one else has gotten it and I really hope no one does. It is yucky stuff. I had not seen Landon that sick since he was 4 months old and Addi has never been this sick. The doctor put them both on Tamiflu, which has already helped Landon a lot. Apparently if you catch the flu within the first 48 hours they can give you Tamiflu to inhibit the virus from reproducing any further in your system. This in turn alleviates further symptoms from persisting. I did not know they could do anything for flu at all, so I was very happy we could do something to help them get better faster. So, FYI, if you think you or your kids have the flu, it is very advantageous to catch it in the first 48 hours. Go on in for a "fun" nose swab!!

In other news, John and Andi and Mike all went to Winterfest in Gatlinburg this past weekend. They had a lot of fun and were exhausted when returning on Sunday! I was glad they had fun. It was probably better for them to be away from this house anyway due to all the germs that I am sure are floating around. I don't think I have ever used so much Clorox Anywhere Spray!

Last week, everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! Even though Landon was really sick he was excited about his new truck shirt. I have posted some Valentine pictures below and tried again to post video, but for some reason it never works for me.

I hope everyone else is staying well! Until further news......

John modeling Landon's new truck shirt! Maybe a little small!


Landon opening his candy tool box.


Addi showing us her frustrated look because she couldn't get her box open!


I think she likes her new "heart inspired" shirt!


Landon's been wearing this hat a lot lately! You can probably tell he is not looking his best.


John holding up his valentine boxers. It is a tradition that John always gets new holiday inspired boxers for just about every holiday :)


Chocolate is always nice too!


Andi always gets holiday inspired socks! She likes to wear fun and crazy socks!


Andi being silly with her card!!

9 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

The FLU!!! Yucky stuff. So sorry the little ones are ailing. I can tell that little Landon's eyes are weak in that one picture. Hope you all are on the mend soon and that it doesn't spread any further.

King Family said...

Sorry the little ones are sick. Allie and I have been sick this week too. I hope thay are feeling better soon. I know you have had a hard week taking care of them. Loved the Valentine pictures.

Heather said...

Poor things! Being homebound is NOT fun! Mine are sick as well. Hope they are better soon!!!

Samantha said...

Hopefully you are turning a corner! Can't wait to go dancing this Friday!

Ryan said...

You are such a great mom...you are taking wonderful care of your kids. Hope they feel better soon!!!

The Slatton Family said...

So sorry to hear that the germs are still living in your house. We've had them here too. Taylor had a viral infection and ran a 103degree fever for six days. I then got the viral infection and developed double pink eye. Things haven't been fun and unfortunately medicine doesn't work when it's viral! AH! Hope that everyone feels better real soon! Love to you all!

Mandy said...

Make sure you keep that on your side of TN!!! I hope you're all better soon! It seems that this nasty stuff is going around and around and around....I'm ready for Spring! Maybe you'll get out of the house soon. I loved all the Valentine pictures!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
Hopefully, no one else will end up with it. When I went to the walkin clinic for my strep throat on Sunday, she said that there was a flu epidemic in AL. Out of 36 people they had seen that day - 20 were postive for the flu. And to think that I sat in the waiting room with a lot of them for 2 hours. yipee!!! Maybe since your older kids can be self sufficient, they can quarentine themselves in another part of the house. Good luck, and I will be thinking of you. Karen Pirkle

Mom said...

SOooooooooo sorry for the germs!! Love, Mom