Saturday, February 9, 2008

Addison Grace turns 2 !!!

Today we celebrated Addison Grace's second birthday. We had a family party here complete with lots of balloons. G-Mama was here along with Uncle Bryan, Aunt Ryan, Mary Paul, Uncle Dave and Aunt Samantha. We also had some friends from church DeAnna, Allie and Mya here too. Addi was so excited about her party and her new party dress. She loved us singing to her and even blew out her candle, well almost! She loved all her new toys and was great at unwrapping each one. We loved having all our family and friends here to help celebrate her life. Her actual birthday is tomorrow February 10th. Two years ago Addi was born on a Friday afternoon at 4:21 p.m. She was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. She has been a joy since the first time I held her. It was so special, because I remember the first time I held her she was crying. The minute she heard my voice she stopped crying, opened her eyes and looked at me. I felt she knew exactly who I was and my heart just melted. Since then, Addi has been a big mama's girl. It's fun for me to have my last baby love to be with me soooo much! She completes our family and we are so happy to celebrate two wonderful years of her life. It has gone by so quickly, and I try to treasure each day! This is a pretty long post as I have put many pictures celebrating her life. We love you Addi!!!!

Here is our little "glow worm" right before going home for the first time. She seems so little!


A happy new mama sharing one of her first moments with her new baby girl.


A couple of close ups of our last little one. Our baby of the family!



I had to put in a picture from her first birthday too. Look how much she has grown!


Here are a few pictures of our "party room"! Addi LOVES balloons so we sort of had a balloon theme with all shades of pink! Pink is always easy to do around this time of year because there are so many pretty things out there for Valentine's Day!




Of course I had to make a special birthday hat for Addi!


We went outside to take some pictures because it was such a beautful day! I found Addi's dress on Etsy and thought it turned out really cute! Her Grandma Griner actually bought it for her for her birthday. She looks so pretty!



Addi was seeing all her presents and you can tell she is excited. Notice the tractor in her hand. Landon is really rubbing off on her :)


I had asked her if she liked her new dress and she gave me this cute little girl pose. I guess that means she likes it. She was running around showing it to everyone!


Here are some more pictures from our "outdoor photo shoot". It was funny, because Ryan, Sam and I were all outside taking pictures. Addi was a celebrity at her party!




Landon was getting in on the fun too!


Here Addi was laughing at Landon who was at the time, diving in the leaves. I had told him he could not go in the sandbox because I did not want him to get dirty, I guess he thought diving in dirty leaves would be better!


Addi really enjoyed opening her gifts this year and is getting really good at it!


Andi is helping her with her new tool box. Addi loves to open and close these boxes and organize her toys in all the compartments. Strange gift for a two year old, but she loves them. We filled hers with stickers, which is another favorite.


Uncle Dave and Aunt Samantha gave Addi her first doodle pro and it was a hit!


She can really tear that paper!


Uncle Bryan and Aunt Ryan and Mary Paul gave Addi a fridge farm. Mary Paul has one and Addi loves playing with hers. Now she can play with it while she is in the kitchen with me when I cook dinner. She loves to be with me while I am cooking dinner, and now she can stay busy too.


We got her a play tent with butterflies on it. She LOVES it. We call it her playhouse. She was having so much fun in it. Notice she is now without her dress. We took it off for cake, which she surprisingly did not eat much of. I think she just wanted to play with all her new toys!


Mama with her baby girl!


Our friends from church DeAnna, Allie and Mya came to the party too and gave her this purple car. So sweet of them to come! Addi has really taken to DeAnna which for Addi is a big deal. There are very few people she will go to.


Addi was excited about this big gift. It was her "playhouse".


Here we are admiring her new shoes from G-Mama. She got some great spring clothes to go with them too. It was so much fun!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Addie! I am glad you guys had so much fun with family! All the pics are SO cute and I love her birthday dress. Isn't etsy the greatest!!!

The Slatton Family said...

So glad to hear that Addi had such a wonderful day! I love the dress...it is adorable!!! Happy Birthday, Addi!!! Love to you all!

Samantha said...

It was such a fun party and Addi loves her new playhouse! What a good idea! She is getting so big and we love her so much!

Heather said...

The birthday hat & dress are adorable!! Your hair has gotten really long...you look great! Happy B-day Addie! -Heather

Jodi Brinkley said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Addie! What a wonderful party. Her dress and hat are absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't the time just fly by?

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Addison! What an adorable little girl. It looks like she had a great party.

Mom said...

Happy birthday to sweet Addi!!! Love, G-mama

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Addi! You are just the cutest!!! Great post - and the one before this one too...(I've been behind in reading). All your pictures are great! I especially love the one of you and Addi. Her birthday dress is adorable. I agree...you're going to have to lock Andi up!!! Hope all is well with you guys!

Mandy said...

Oh - and LOVE LOVE LOVE the hat and will be ordering one for Nina's 1st in May!!!