Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Dad, Daddy, or DaDa (depending on which child you ask :)

We celebrated Mike's birthday last Sunday. Blogger has been doing something weird with me and not letting me upload pics this week. Finally, I was able to, so here is my post almost a week late!
We all went out to eat together last Sunday evening to Cracker Barrel (one of Mike's favorite places) to celebrate Mike's birthday. John drove the whole family but we made it there and back in one piece. Once at home, we celebrated Mike's birthday with cake and singing. Landon insists we have cake for any birthday. All of us were too full to eat any cake except the little ones. We had fun all being together, but the biggest entertainment of the evening was Addi eating her cake.
For any of you who saw her on her first birthday, she surprised us all by being very prissy and not wanting to get dirty. She would only eat her big slice of 1st year birthday cake with a spoon. It was soooo cute, but did not leave us with any really messy first birthday pictures. Well, she made up for that with Mike's cake. It was so funny and she LOVED it!! I did post quite a few pictures of her, but this is the first time she has gone crazy with cake!
Happy Birthday to Daddy!!

Andi enjoying dad's birthday too!


Mike blowing out all of his candels. We decided not to put the full 43 on there :)


Mike relaxing after a very filling country fried steak dinner with extra gravy from Cracker Barrel!


A partially clean Addi when she first got her yummy cake.


Landon looking pretty clean for finishing his cake. What a big boy!!


John showing us his goofy grin!


Addi showing us her pearly whites. Does she look happy or what?


Hiding from the camera.


"Look at my hands!!!"


I had to try and get a close up of her "chocolate facial"!

5 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

You are smart to take her clothes off. That is sooo funny! She loves sweets. I think you do too! I am glad that you had a fun birthday for Mike. He has quite the changes occuring in his 43rd year. I'll see ya tonight!

The Slatton Family said...

Taylor eats without clothes for things like that too!!! At least Addi likes the cake...Taylor won't touch or eat cake! Glad that Mike had a Happy Birthday!!!

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!! What a great night!!! Being a fan of Cracker Barrell myself, I'm sorry I missed the dinner. Addi looks hilarious!! See you next week!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Mike!
What kind of cake was that? It looked like 4 cakes put together. What a good idea! ;)

Heather said...

Cracker barrel...country fired steak...WITH EXTRA GRAVY!!!! UMMMMM GOOD!! MY KINDA MAN!!! Makes me hungry just thinking about it!!! Happy B'day Mike!!! The cake eating looked a little messy?!?:0 Ashley that's strange that you couldn't download pic's to the blog either. I've been trying to download our Savannah trip pic's for the past week?!?! What's up with the technical difficulties?!?! I don't like it one bit!! Later gater...C.T.