Friday, October 12, 2007

Fall Break Is Here!!!!

The kids were on fall break all this last week and we had a great little vacation time from school. Our fall break began last Saturday with the Roane County Highschool Marching Band's first competition. It was really hot, but they did great! They got all Superior ratings and Best Overall Drum Major and Drumline! We were especially proud since John is on the drumline. He is the snare player in the pics on the far right.

The guy to the left of John is Chris and he always has the best facial expressions during the shows. He plays drums in John's rock band too, Exit 352.



Watch the band lean.......



On Monday morning we drove to Palmetto to stay a few days with G-Mama. She was off of work until Thursday so we decided to take advantage of some time with her. We had such a great time. Also, John drove the whole family (minus Mike who stayed back to work) on the interstate for the first time. I admit I was pretty nervous but John did very well. I did very well too at staying calm. Yeah for both of us!
On Monday afternoon we went to Cochran Mill park to do a short hike to a waterfall and then played on the playground. Surprise, surprise, there was no water at the waterfall. Oh well, as you will see it was a pretty graffitti wall and everyone enjoyed the outdoors.

All four of my kids hiking in the wild outdoors!

Addi loved climbing the fence. She is such a climber already.


Landon loving the playground. He makes the funniest expressions!

G-Mama and the Griner Grandkids!

John showing off the "waterless waterfall"

Landon and Addi both wanted to walk the entire time. It was fun to watch them running around, but it made for a very slow hike!



On Tuesday and Wednesday we went to the Atlanta Aquarium and then to a children's museum in Atlanta called Imagine It!. We had a great time at both places. We all loved the aquarium! Then, afterwards we went out to eat seafood. Kinda ironic! The aquarium was not crowded at all which made it even easier with a double stroller, two teenagers and two adults. We also really enjoyed the children's museum. John and Andi were even fascinated by a few things there. Landon loved the train tables and Addi liked picking up the colored balls and loading them into the ball machine. There were lots of things to do and see.
Then to make John's day even better we went to Guitar Center afterwards. He came very close to buying a new guitar. He has been saving his money for a long, long time and now has a little over 1000.00 dollars. Wow! He plans to spend that and more (after Christmas money) on a new guitar. I don't think I ever spent or saved anywhere near 1000.00 when I was his age. :) Anyway, he stayed in Guitar Center for a little over an hour, so I took the little kids out to the van to have a snack and hang out. I was a little concerned Landon might crash his monster truck into the Vintage Fender Amp for 4000.00. That would not be good!
We hung out some with GG and I even got to be her dance partner at her and mom's dance class Wednesday night. There were not enough men partners, so I was up. I think I did a pretty good job leading. I usually like to be in control anyway :) GG was a great and fun partner. I learned to Cha, Cha and Rhumba! Mom did great too. They are both naturals!
We came home Thursday morning and only had to stop 2 times for Landon to go potty. He has gotten very good at saying he needs to go. That is both good and bad. Our trip was very LOOOOOOONG!

Working in the garden!

Addi hiding in the slide cubby. She liked to sit there more than go down the slide!

Me with all my babies! OK, so two are really big babies!

I loved the jellyfish display and how they used the lighting. It makes for a cool picture too.

Back at the playground. Landon really wanted to slide down the fire pole, but couldn't quite get it. How did that picture get here?

Landon's concerned look.

Landon having fun in the van while waiting for John in Guitar Center.

Addi showing off her style in her sister's sunglasses.

Landon LOVED the trains and hooked them all together to make one LONG train!

Addi loading the balls into the big ball invention machine. I don't know how else to descibe it.

Today we finished our Fall break with a trip to the Knoxville Zoo. We had a great time and the weather was fabulous. Mike took off work which was so nice and even Aunt Samantha joined us. They have a great kid area and all the Fall decorations were so nice. Samantha, Andi and Landon even rode a camel! Wow!

Addi checking out the pumpkins, wondering what happened to them.

Four of some of my crew in front of the waterfall.

Aunt Samantha, Andi and Landon loading up onto the camel.

Aunt Samantha giving us the thumbs up!

Landon loved playing in the army truck they had for the kids to play in.

Me and Mike enjoying his day off and our time with the family.

Pretty Aunt Samantha!

I thought this picture of the riding camel turned out pretty good, so had to put it on here. Don't camels look like they are smiling?

6 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What a great post! I am so thankful you guys got to do soooo much fun stuff together this week. A trip to the zoo with dad topped it off! I am thankful I was able to go too. The museum and aquarium look like a lot of fun. What a fun mom you are Ashley!

The Slatton Family said...

Wow, sounds like a busy week!!! Glad to hear that you all enjoyed your time together! Hope to see you soon!

Courtney said...

You guys have been busy! I am so glad you guys had such a good time! You are such a great mom!

Ryan said...

Wow...you are a fabulous, and my guess would be, exhausted mom!!! I'm so glad you guys did so much on your week off!!! I wish I could have been there for some of the fun...but I'll see you in a couple of weeks!!! I love you all so much!!!

Heather said...

Looks like a great time!!!

K. Pirkle said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am sure you have to be creative to find activities that both teenagers and toddlers will enjoy. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how old John looks. The band looks great.