Sunday, October 28, 2007

Guitars, Paint, and Halloween Here We Come...

This last week was filled with all kinds of fun. Andi had dress up days at school and made it to two Halloween parties this weekend. John dressed up for the football game Friday night, recieved his big guitar purchase using all his savings and competed in another band competition on Saturday night. Aunt Ryan, Mary Paul and Aunt Samantha came to visit Thursday and spent the night. Then Friday morning, all three of us painted my playroom while watching 3 toddlers. Pretty impressive! Ryan and Sam helped me paint this room as a gift for my anniversary. I am so thankful for their help and it really helps to update my house. I loved having them here and we had fun as always! I couldn't have asked for a better gift! I tried to get the pictures in chronological order but for some reason I just can not get the hang of it. Oh well, I will keep trying :)

John dressed up in his Halloween costume for the football game Friday night. In case you can't tell, he was "packing material". All the band member's costumes were really great and it was fun to see them all playing during the show.


Andi as a Disco Diva! Can you dig it?


John marching in the competition, in which Roane County Highschool won first place overall! Awesome! They really are very good!


Addi this morning after church. I just thought she looked cute all dressed up. Aunt Samantha and Uncle Dave gave her this dress last year for Christmas and she can still wear it so I was pleased. Lately, Addi loves to wear necklaces. How cute!


John and his aunts getting the guitar out of the box on Friday afternoon.


John checking out his new guitar for the first time!


Wow! $1200.00 worth of PRS electric guitar! It is pretty!


John showing off his biggest purchase yet! He was very pleased with it which is good, because it is always a risk buying something like that off of E-Bay.


The playroom post painting. My before and after pictures are posted backwards. oops! I LOVE red rooms!


Andi posing on her tacky dress up day at school! I would say she is definately tacky!


Aunt Samantha gave all the nieces and nephews funny little Halloween treats. Here is Andi showing hers off!


Landon got the hang of it too, and then kept asking me take more pictures of his mouth!


Addi wasn't sure what all the hype was about, but loved the attention she got when she put it all the way in her mouth. So funny!


The playroom pre-painting. Don't ya love the 1970's paneling? My house is definately coming a long way from when we first moved in. We are slowly but surely moving it from "Brady Bunch" to the 21st century. Thanks for the help to my great sisters!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I love all your pictures!!! You guys always seem to have so much fun together and it's wonderful to see. I also love red rooms - they are so happy and inviting...the playroom looks great. John made quite a purchase - good for him! Hope you have a good week!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Addi did look so cute in her red dress. I am glad you put her in it! Painting was fun and it was such a good idea! I am glad you guys are happy with it. I can't wait to hear John playhis new guitar. I bet you guys have been listening to it all weekend. I love you and hopefully you will sign up for the race this week.

Mom said...

I LOVE the red room!! I really like the fact that all my girls were together as they made this room red!!!! The guitar looks great. I am so proud of John! Saving money is dificult to do. I am prayerful this will become a lifelong practise for him. Looks like you all had fun at the pumpkin patch!! I love you all! Love, Gmama

Heather said...

The pic. of Addie w/ that thing in her mouth & the blank look is so funny!
He should be very proud of himself saving so much at such a young age. That takes a lot of self-discipline!

The room looks great & that is so awesome you sisters get to see each other so much! -Heather

Courtney said...

The playroom looks great! I HATE painting rooms red, it takes a million coats!!! I know you were so glad to have the help. Cute pictures and congrats to John on his BIG purchase. I could never save money like that...

The Slatton Family said...

Love the new paint!!! The lips were too funny! Everone looks so happy! Glad to see you all still having tons of fun! Love you.