Monday, April 14, 2008

Roane County Highschool Prom 2008; Dancing in the Moonlight


John went to his first prom this past Saturday night. He had a really, really good time. John is only a sophmore but he was asked to go by a girl named Anna who goes to our church. She is a really sweet girl who is very accomplished and outgoing. Her family is really great and we were happy to let him go. They were going with a big group of friends, and I don't think any of the couples were anything more than friends, so it was "pressure free".

We had fun going to pick out John's tux over a month ago, and knew it was going to look great. We were not mistaken!! John looked so handsome and grown up. We all met at Anna's house for group pictures. It was so much fun taking pictures of all the kids and watching, what was for most of them, their first experience like this. It brought back my own "prom memories". :) Then Andi asked me about my proms, so I really tried to remember them then. It is fun to think about things that happened so long ago, that you now see your children doing, knowing they are creating some of the same kind of memories.

John's night began with dinner at a restaurant called the Chop House and then on to the prom. Our youth minister acted as the chauffeur for a Yukon full of kids. I loved that he was driving. After the prom, they went back to Anna's house to hang out for a while before Anna's mom brought John and Spencer home around 1:30 am. Mike and I were excitedly, although tiredly, waiting to hear all about it. He had a great time and said everyone did. It is tradition at our church for the kids to wear their prom clothes the next morning, so John and Spencer both wore their tuxes to church. It was fun that they got to wear them twice.

So, the prom was a great success and I am thankful everyone was safe and happy at the end of the night!!

Anna putting the boutineer on John, sometimes a little tricky.


John and a couple of his friends decided to wear converse with their tuxes. I thought it looked great!


John and his proud parents!


John and two of his younger siblings who had no idea what was going on. I love how Addi kept looking at John dressed up.


John and Andi giving me a smile.


John and Anna looking great. Anna looked so pretty in her blue dress!



John with some of his closest guy friends looking "studly"!


John and his good friend Spencer.


John giving Anna her corsage. It was a really pretty yellow rose.


John with Cody and Kirby, two guys from Exit 352.


All the sudden I hear John yelling, "MOM!!!", and I look over and their they are in a tree. They were actually pretty high up too. I just told him not to rip the tux.


John and Spencer having a great time.


Anna and John feeling like movie stars with the paparazzi all around them!



Andi posing with Elizabeth, another girl from our church.


John and Spencer yet again!


The whole "prom group" posing for a silly picture!


The prom group posing for a more formal picture.


A close up of John and Anna, along with Elizabeth laughing and already having a great time during the pictures.

12 comments:

Ryan said...

Handsome nephew of mine!!!! I can't believe how grown-up he is getting. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!!

Mandy said...

What wonderful pictures! Everyone looks so nice in their dresses and tuxedos! John especially looked handsome - love the blue! I'm glad he had a good time! I love the tradition of everyone wearing their prom wear to church the next day - I'm sure you were all a little sleepy!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

He looks so great!! I know you and Mike were proud. I am glad that he was able to go.

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a beautiful group of kids, and how nice that there's such a big group from church! That's a really cool tradition to wear the clothes to church.

Jodi Brinkley said...

BTW-the picture of Addi looking up at John is positively PRICELESS!

Courtney said...

Cute pictures! John looks so handsome and his date is so cute!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun night & I love the converse shoes!!!

Mandy said...

Ashley...are ya'll still making birthday party hats?? Nina's 1st is coming up...can you email me at manoble123@yahoo.com? I'd like to place an order!!!! Thanks!

The Slatton Family said...

John looked so grown!!! Great pictures. I love the picture of the two of them peeking out from behind the tree. I'm so glad that he had such a wonderful time without all of the pressures of our world today! What a handsome young man!

Mom said...

Are my grandchildren beautiful...or what?? Great photos!!! All my love, Mom

K. Pirkle said...

John is so grown up. I think he is the same age in my mind as he was when you left SC. Hard to believe he is actually going to prom. Your pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your griner6.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com