Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Official!!

I officially registered for my first ever marathon!!! I am getting excited and also a little nervous! I am so happy that my sweet husband will be there to see me do it and also possilbly my mom and doug and kids. My sister Sam and brother-in-law Dave are doing the half marathon and I will love having family to do the race with. Then, my sweet friend Becky is doing her first marathon too, with me. It will be a very exciting weekend and one that I know will be here before I know it. We did our long 12 mile run this Sunday, and although it was tough I was able to run 4 miles this morning. Now, my legs are pretty tired so I plan on letting them rest at least one day and then do some good stretching before my next run. Even though, I am feeling good about my runs, I have not been feeling so good about my clothes. For whatever reason, which I can only assume is ice-cream at night making it's way into a bowl, onto a spoon and into my mouth,... my pants have been tight around the middle. Maybe, running makes you build bigger muscle around your middle....yeah that's it! I wish!! Anyway, other than that negative side note.....I have been feeling pretty good about keeping up with my training. So, the marathon journey continues......

Coming soon.......pictures of Landon's first school project and Addi's 5th Birthday Party which is coming up this weekend! She is literally counting the days!! She really is!!! :)

1 comment:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What! Wow wee! I am impressed. I hope you are ready for this sister! You can do it. Go Ashley!