Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Fun Saturday for Me.....

My day started with the first running race I have done since last May 2010. I did, however, have the opportunity to do the Avon Walk in October and that was awesome!!! I kept up with running the end of last year and then the new year brought on training for the Atlanta run, so when my good friend e-mailed me and said, "We're supposed to do 9 miles anyway this weekend, and there is a 10 mile run race Saturday morning, what's 1 more mile?", I said let's go for it. So we did! She picked me up at 6:15 in the 20 degree weather and we headed out for a 10 mile running adventure through Knoxville. Suprisingly, I felt pretty good the entire time. There were way more hills than I am used to, but I am proud to say I kept running the whole time and finished in 1hr.41min. averaging right at a 10 min mile. It was a fun way to get in my long run this weekend, feel a good sense of accomplishment, be inspired by other runnners and get a T-shirt. Great way to start my weekend!

But, the real fun will start tonight when we surprise the kids by taking them to their first Monster Jam! Landon is such a truck freak that it is sure to be a great family adventure and memory! I am so excited and will have pictures to come! So......on to MONSTER JAM!!!

No comments: