Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School Year 2008 - 2009 Begins and other stuff....

The new school year has officially begun for the Griner Family. John and Andi started school full time this week, so we are somewhat in a schedule. The little ones don't start until August 26th , so we have a couple of more weeks before our schedule will drastically change. I don't start my regular weekly work until the first week of September, so I will be enjoying these last few weeks. Hopefully, getting a lot of sewing done too. If anyone ever needs a special baby gift, don't forget about Three Pine Design. We are in the works for our own website, so then it will be even easier to order and see the products we offer. We will send out a grand opening notice when our website is complete! :)

Last week, John and Andi finished up band camp, Andi got braces and I left for my
3rd annual Koppe Girl's weekend! Andi and John are both excited about the new marching band year and our first football game is the 28th. Andi is beginning phase two of the braces world. She just got them last week and so far is doing great with them. She looks so cute! I have discovered, after seeing the cost of her braces, that I chose the wrong field to go into. Orthodontics is where the money is! :) Samantha and I left for Atlanta on Friday and we had a great Girl's weekend! We ate lots of sweets and good food and went shopping! We also saw two movies Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 and Mama Mia ---- both of which I highly suggest!! We had brunch in Atlanta at Canoe (antoher place I highly suggest), it was so delicious! It was a wonderful time hanging out and visiting! The dads and kids were all good and enjoyed their time together too!

I took some video of the kids playing last night in the playroom. They were both very wound up! Racing with cars and trucks is something they always do! Addi is wearing her special "dance" outfit, so she was in the mood for dancing! I also have a before and after braces picture of Andi and pictures from their first day of school. The videos and some pictures turned out darker than I would've liked but oh well :)

Addi and Andi were dancing together and Addi got very dizzy!

Addi Gets Dizzy! from Elizabeth griner on Vimeo.

Addi showing off some of her moves!

Addi Dances! from Elizabeth griner on Vimeo.

Addi and Landon have truck races daily around the house! They can get pretty crazy!

Addi and Landon dance with trucks from Elizabeth griner on Vimeo.

Landon watching a movie. Does that look very comfortable??


Andi's "before braces" picture!


Andi took this silly picture herself!


Landon with his racing truck.


Addi with her racing truck. They also love to crash!


The kids were admiring their back to school cake surprise when they got home. Yummy!



Andi "after braces" picture! Doesn't she look cute?!?


Andi and Addi were having lots of fun dancing together!




Addi's action shot!


Giving me a little pose in her dancing outfit! So funny!

11 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Okay, I love the dance outfit! How cute is that! Your house is so much fun and the little kids just love cars! That was nice of you to bake them a back to school cake! It looks yummy. Andi looks really cute in her braces and I hope that they have a great year!

Unknown said...

Such cute pics. I'm so happy for ya'll with your new website. You go girl!

Sandra said...

I am always so impressed by the obvious love all the children have for each other...age difference seems to just draw them closer together. Wonderful!! Hope they all have a happy, successful school year. That cake got them all started off just right, I am sure.

Jodi Brinkley said...

I was thinking exactly what Ms. Sandra wrote. I always love seeing how John and Andi interact with the little ones.

Courtney said...

Cute pictures and I am glad you had a great weekend with your mom and sisters!

The Slatton Family said...

The dance outfit is is too cute! Looks like Addi and Landon were enjoying a fun time dancing and racing the trucks! How sweet that you made John and Andi a scpecial back to school cake! Andi looks really cute in her braces! Love all of the cute videos and pictures! Love to you all!

Mandy said...

Adorable pictures! Glad you had a fun weekend with the girls! Enjoy your last few weeks before the real craziness starts!

Ryan said...

Love the videos. Mary Paul watched them and said, Landon and Addi are being crazy. I'm glad John and Andi had a good start!!!

Mom said...

Love the video! Love the pics! Am I the only one or does Addi's outfit look like a swinsuit from 1932??


Just wondering????

Mom said...

Love the video! Love the pics! Am I the only one or does Addi's outfit look like a swinsuit from 1932??


Just wondering????

Shannon said...

I love all the pics and the videos are too cute! Glad our house isn't the only one with the crazy dancing and car crashes!! Good luck to Andi with her braces and to you when your schedule changes with work!!