Friday, August 1, 2008

A New Post as Summer Ends!!

Well, I usually don't like to post without pictures, but I figured it had been so long since my last post I needed to do one so people would not think I had dropped off the earth.

Things have been very busy over the last two weeks. First we were out of town in Atlanta when GG was sick, then when we came back I had 4 days to get all the skits ready for our VBS that began the next Sunday. Then we had a full week of VBS (which I did not get any pictures of :(, I am going to try and get some from other sources), then I got to babysit Kaori while Sam and Andi went to Splash Country with her nieces, then my mom came into town because she babysat the kids for me this week for three days as I had orientation for a new job I am starting. I am actually probably going to get two new jobs. I will be working at least 3 days a month acute care at a hospital in the area and then at an outpatient clinic during the week while the little ones are in preschool. If you include the work I am doing with Three Pine Design (which seems to get more and more steady), I will go from being a stay at home mom of four to a mom of four with three jobs! Wow! Things can change so quickly!

It has been interesting to re-enter the working world. Everyone I met through orientation, in the hospital and in the clinic were very nice. I am not used to being away from the kids for as much as I have been this past week though, and was so happy to stay home all day yesterday. Working will be good for our family, as the cost of living just seems to get more and more, and with two kids in highschool and only two years until we have one going to college, our family will need it. John has already begun to look at colleges and plan for his future, so I know this next year will go by so quickly and then he will be applying. Time seems to fly by faster with our kids the older they get. At least that is how it has seemed to me. John and Andi are just zooming through life and before I know it John will be leaving. It is so hard to believe and I am not ready for it yet. Hopefully, I will be more ready in two years.

John and Andi began band camp this week too, so they are busy everyday from 8 unitl 4 pm. Then, they often have evening plans too. They are having a great time and can't wait until football season begins. School begins on the 11th and then begins our busiest time of year. Football games every weekend! It will be especially different and busy this year with the both John and Andi in highschool, Landon and Addi in preschool and me working!!! Lots of crockpot meals in the future I am sure!!!

Today we travel to Atlanta for GG's memorial, but then next week I do not have to work, so that is good. Andi gets braces next week and it is the last official week of summer, I am going to make sure I have pictures for my next post!!!

Happy End of the Summer!!!

5 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

Wow, you guys ARE busy! Don't you just love this time of year though. Good luck with the jobs. I'm sure you'll juggle it all with grace!

carriemclean said...

sounds busy. good luck with the new job(s). considering how busy y'all are, i'm sure it will be a while, but make sure you tell me next time you make it to nashville. we need to have a visit!

Mandy said...

Mom said your grandmother's memorial service was really, really nice! I know that you all put a lot of love and thought into it.

Wow - 3 jobs!?!? Good luck with that and to the kiddos as they start back to school! Happy end of the summer to you!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

So busy, but you know that TPD is top priority! JK!!

Love you.

Heather said...

Happy end of summer to you as well! I can't believe you are going to have 3 jobs!Ii don't know how you do it...you go girl!
BTW-I heard your GG's service was really nice. Sorry we missed it.