Monday, August 4, 2008

From Toddler Beds to Big Kid Beds!!!

Well, I no longer officially have any babies. :( It is kind of sad to think about that, but also exciting to know that they are growing up healthy and strong. Yesterday, I took down my last baby bed and toddler bed and put in twin beds for Landon and Addi. They were both so excited about their new big kid beds and slept like "babies" in them last night. I got a little teary-eyed (ok, I cried), when I was taking down their baby stuff, but I am so pleased that they like their new beds. I was also pleased that they did not seem to take up too much space in their little room. I was afraid with two twin beds it would be really cramped, but I think it will work out just fine. I took some pictures of them the last night they slept in their toddler / baby beds and then some in their new beds!
This week is not as busy as last week, so I am thankful for that!! I hope everyone else is having a good week!
Landon being a goof ball while getting ready to put on his pjs.

Addi enjoyed her toddler bed and being able to get in and out by herself. I must brag on Landon and Addi because not ONE TIME have they every gotten out of their beds without permission! Kind of amazing!


This picture is a little flashback to when I babysat Kaori last week. She was an angel and then slept the entire afternoon. I had to wake her up to take her to her mama!


Addi in a silly mood before her last night in her toddler bed.


Landon taking forever to get undressed. He is a nut!!

Landon wanting me to take pictures of him being silly! He and Addi are both really into making funny faces!



Addi giving me a pretty smile!

Another silly smile from Landon, and silly pose!


Landon and Addi's new big kid beds! I plan on making them each a throw to go on the ends out of their fabric of choice. Of course, Landon's has trucks on it!!


Daddy enjoying some time in Landon's new bed with some company!

Now trying out Addi's bed!

Landon trying out his bed for himself. He and Addi look so little in these beds compared to their other ones!! How quickly they grow up!!!

9 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

Wow - how exciting for Landon and Addi! What a big change!!! Hope they love their new beds!!! The funny faces are so cute!

Mandy said...

Their room is really cute - I love twin beds (that's what Ethan has in his room). I'm glad they took to them well - and I can't believe that they don't get out of bed without permission! Wish I had that same situation!!!! Glad they are doing well - they are both such cute children!

Shannon said...

Love the new beds and the kids look so happy!! Enjoy your last week of "calm" before work and school begins again!!

Heather said...

Their rooms are so cute! I am SO JEALOUS! They have never gotten out of their beds w/o permission?!?!? How did you do it?? ;) LOL...Hayden sneaks out of his bed all the time. I'll think he's asleep & find him hiding under pillows on my bed! Anyway, their beds look really nice...what a big step!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

How cute is their new room with big kid beds! I love the linens you picked out. Everything looks so new and fresh! I will cry too when I put Kaori in a big bed, I know I will. But, I have awhile. Congrats on such a big step!

Jodi Brinkley said...

How cute. My how fast they grow up! You were really blessed by them not getting out of their beds. I used to sit for about 45 minutes making sure that Sophie didn't get up from her bed when she was supposed to be napping.

K. Pirkle said...

Great pictures. The room looks really good. It is so nice the way that room is so that you can decorate each side to each kids' tastes. We miss you guys.

King Family said...

Their room is so, so cute. I also can't believe they don't get up out of bed. How did you do that? Good luck with your new jobs.

Courtney said...

Wow! That is great...especially that they stayed in them!!! I dread the day we do the big boy bed - so I am dragging it out! They are cute as ever!!!