Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Time Officially Begins!

The Griners have had a good last week. John and Andi's wisdom teeth surgery went well and they seem to be healing very well. WE are very thankful for their good progress. We are also very thankful that G-Mama was able to be here to help with the little ones so that we could put our attention on the big kids. If you read this G-Mama, thank you again!! They both already have plans for the weekend, so I know they are feeling better!

Andi plays in her band concert this weekend that she auditioned for last month. Mike will be going to see it on Saturday while we are at Mary Paul's party. We are looking forward to being with all of our family again, but at the same time hate to miss Andi's performance. Mike will video it though, so we will get to watch her.

I have a pretty big collage of pictures and of course they are not in the order that I want them to be in, but oh well.


Landon is giving me a great big smile. I put Landon and Addi in their Christmas outfits to try and get some pictures. Landon was doing well smiling but Addi was being a little stinker! She did not want me to take her picture. I got some really crazy ones of her making all kinds of facial expressions.


Here is our tree AFTER decorating. It was supposed to show up AFTER the before picture :)


Here is the Griner Tree before decorating. The tree sat with only lights on it for days, until John and Andi felt up to decorating it.


Andi let us take a picture of her little chipmunk cheeks! Mike has been calling her Theodore :)


I was cooking eggs the other morning and turned around. The next thing I knew, Addi had reached up onto the counter, grabbed the egg carton and pulled it down. Needless to say, not one little egg survived. Addi and I both were stunned! I had to laugh and then had to take a picture of course!


One of the many crazy things the kids were doing while I was trying to get some good pictures. They always copy eachother, it is so funny! For some reason, Addi kept sticking out her neck in many of the pictures


Landon laid down and so Addi had to follow. They looked so silly!



Here is Addi again giving me some neck...Go figure?! Landon is also thinking it is pretty funny.


I thought this picture turned out pretty of Addi because she did notice me taking it. If she did I probably would've gotten more "neck"!


I like this picture of Landon because his eyes look so big! He can make some silly faces too!


We went outside this week and it was really cold. The high was only in the fourties so it was one of the first times we have played outside in the cold. I had both of them bundled up and they looked so funny.


The still love their sandbox and Landon teaches Addi everything about how to scoop it up and build things using trucks!


Landon was really into digging this day and was teaching Addi how to do it. I had to watch him, though because he liked to swing the dirt behind him in a wild flinging manner! Watch out for Addi's head!!


G-Mama just bought this new coat for Addi. I know it kept her warm but not sure she could move too freely! She looked so funny! Thanks G-Mama for keeping her warm!


Back to the holiday pictures, Addi was showing me the Christmas tree in the book. She is really enjoying the holidays this year and it is so fun to watch!

8 comments:

Mom said...

The tree looks great!! I am so glad my two "oldest" grandchildren are feeling better. They were pretty pitiful when I had to make my way home. Love to all, Mom

Ryan said...

So glad John and Andi are feeling better!!! I'm glad you all got to play outside in the cold. I think that's fun. I love the picture of Addi showing the Christmas tree!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Another fun post! Your tree looks very pretty and that is funny about Addi and the eggs!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Wonderful pictures as always. Poor Andi and John. I remember going through that. I love the picture of Addi looking out the window.

The Slatton Family said...

Glad to hear that John and Andi are doing well. Your little ones are so silly!!! Love the picture of Landon cutting his eyes over to the side. I'm sure that Addi loes having Landon for a big brother!

Heather said...

They look so cute in their holiday outfits!

Mandy said...

You guys are always so busy! The kids are precious - glad the older ones are on the mend!

Sandra said...

I love that last picture of Addie showing you the Christmas tree in her book. Just beautiful!

Mrs. Sandra