Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July Begins....

Our July 2009 began with John and Andi returning home from their first mission trip to South Dakota. They had a great time and were very tired. Then, the next day Grandma Griner came for a visit.

We enjoyed Grandma Griner being here so much. We had some lazy times of just hanging out and visiting, got in some shopping, went to dinner and a movie and she even helped so much with watching the kids one day while Mike and I both had to work. She is such a fun person to have around and we had a great visit. We miss her already!

Then, on July 3rd, John and Andi left for a second mission trip to Missouri. They come home tomorrow. I am sure they will be worn out after two big trips nearly back to back. Their trip is going well.

July 4th began with the Kingston 4th of July parade and car show. Then, later that afternoon we went over to Sam and Dave's house to hang out and cook out. We had such a great afternoon decorating cupcakes, making yummy desserts, watching concert DVDs, playing in the sprinkler and on the swing and just enjoying being together. It was a really nice 4th of July! Also, Addi's cute 4th of July dress and Landon's shirt were both compliments of their great-aunt Trina. She was so sweet to surprise us with a package in the mail filled with festive 4th clothes. Thanks Aunt Trina!!

Then, Sunday afternoon we took Landon and Addi to Chuck E Cheese for the first time. They were a little overwhelmed at first from the utter "chaos" of that place, but soon warmed up to it. It was a fun experience and although I think they had fun, I don't think they'll be begging me to go back and that is ok with me :)

I tried to caption some of my pictures but Blogger was laying out my pictures very strangely, so it wouldn't work. It is putting my pictures side by side and captions everywhere...weird...don't know what's going on.

This weekend we are off to the beach and I am so excited!! I am sure there will lots of pics, so until then...

I just thought this picture was funny, because this is how much my Addi LOVES her sleep. I have been trying to cut down on nap times since next year in preschool she won't take them, but when she misses a nap she can get so tired that she can sleep anywhere. One minute I was holding her the next, she was out!




















































































































































4 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

When you post, you post!! Love all the pics! Looks Looks they had fun at chuck e cheese's. Can't wait for Saturday!!!

Heather said...

I love Andi's new hair cut! It looks so cute, I'm about to do the same to mine. The 4th of July pics are great, the kids looks so cute. And the food looks yummy too!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Looks like the Griner's are having plenty of "family fun" as usual. I love the 4th pictures. The pictures from the back of Kaori in the swimsuit are adorable.

Shannon said...

Love the last 2 posts and so sweet about the post you did for your Dad. He was a great man and is missed by many of us. Hope the rest of your summer is fantastic!