Sunday, June 21, 2009

I wanted to dedicate a special post to my daddy Paul Koppe. It has been almost 4 years since daddy went to heaven and I can honestly say I am so happy for him to already be in "paradise". I know he is way better off than being here, even if being here means being with us. Saying that and even having peace with that, however, does not make me miss him any less. I miss him all the time and some days, like this one, are harder.

Even though he is gone, he is still a part of my life everyday. There are so many little things that happen that bring back a memory of him or make me think how much I would love for him to be here to share in a particular moment. Such as; seeing how much Landon loves cars and trucks and how he loves to learn how they work, seeing John and Andi's love of music and even musical taste, and knowing how loving and cuddly Addi would be with him. When I think of those things it makes me so sad.

But I try to focus on the awesomeness of where he is, the wonderful life he lead while here on earth and what I can learn from it, the fun memories I have of him and can share with my children, and the wonderful family I still have here with me as a result of his love with my wonderful mother. When I think of those things, it makes me so thankful to God. Then, when I really focus my heart and mind on the fact that as Christians we will all be together again one day and this time for ETERNITY, there is NO greater peace.

Thanks be to God for giving us that peace to live by that He knew we would need to get through this life that is sometimes so difficult. I love my life here on earth, but I must admit, the older I become the more I look forward to the time when all my loved ones are together in Paradise. Selfishly, I wish we could just all go at one time though, so we wouldn't have to bear the sadness of missing the ones who go before us.

In saying all this, I give tribute to my Dad's life here on earth with a thankful heart of being a part of it. He was a hard working, family loving and Christ following man who loved his life. I know he had no regrets in life and went to Heaven with a peaceful heart. I love my daddy and miss him so much! I also want to pay tribute to my family here on earth, especially mom, as we have all loved each other and encouraged each other through some pretty sad times full of change and difficult decisions. We rock! Here are some fun pictures of daddy as I think of who he was, and I know still is in Heaven, with a BIG smile!

Can't wait to see you Daddy!











6 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

What a sweet post, Ashley! Your words were very encouraging! What an awesome feeling to know that this is not the end! How great is God??? Wonderful! Thinking of you today!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts Ashley. I enjoyed those pics & reflecting on my own memories of him. He was such a sweet man!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What can I say? He is missed terribly. What a nice tribute Ashley.

carrie said...

such a sweet post. it's hard to believe it's been almost four years. i'm sure he'd be proud of you and the whole family. i thought of you on fathers day. love.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Ashley-
What a beautiful tribute to your precious daddy. He was a wonderful man.
I love all the recent pictures. The mud and father's day pics brought smiles to my face.
Hope you all are doing well.

Ryan said...

very nice...now i'm crying. love you guys!!!