Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday Night Life With A Seventeen Year Old Son!!





Ok, never a dull moment!! I had to post these pics of our little "episode" last night. John and Andi had just gotten home from shopping when about 20 minutes later our neighbor two houses down the cul-de-sac was knocking on our door. Looking at the pics you can see why!! Apparently, John did not park the little red Sundance in gear or put on the brake, hence it rolled down the street toward the cul-de-sac, over the neighbor's mailbox, through their yard, thankfully turned so it did not hit their house, and then went over their retaining wall and was hanging suspended in the air!!

The tow truck guy was pretty "impressed" and it was quite the ordeal to get the car down. Thankfully, no one was hurt and there was no damage to the neighbor's house, so we could laugh about it. The phrase of the night for John was "Learn from this!!". I think he will because he was pretty speechless and knows it would not be so funny a second time! :)

10 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Holy Cow! John, look out! This could have been very bad. Those pics are awesome though!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! Hilarious...Poor John. That is the craziest thing I have seen in a while! Glad no one was hurt.

The Slatton Family said...

Oh my goodness, Ashley!!! This is crazy. I'm sure that he was very embarrassed and felt really bad. So glad that no one was in it! Bless him! Great pictures though!!!

Ryan said...

That is hilarious. Having had my fair share of car catastrophes, I can sympathize.

Heather said...

LOL....that pic is priceless! Thank God no one was hurt!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

oh my....
oh my...
oh my...
WOW!! So glad no one was hurt and no damage was done to the home. Those pictures are great! I hate it happened to him though, but what a lesson.

K. Pirkle said...

How scary. I am so glad that no one was hurt. Wow! He will be telling that story the rest of his life. Thank goodness you have pictures to prove it.

Mandy said...

I totally needed that laugh (OUT LOUD TOO). Poor John, but too funny! He'll laugh about it one day soon! Glad no one was hurt!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Oh dear! This will definitely be one of those stories that gets brought up year after year at family gatherings when the kids are all grown.

Shannon said...

Wow!! So funny and thank goodness no damage was done. At least he learned his lesson early on in his driving career!!