Sunday, November 16, 2008

Buddy's Cancer Race 2008

This weekend was a good one! I had to work all day yesterday, but then I came home to a nice lazy night of movies in front of the fire! It was so cozy and reminded me how blessed I am to have a nice warm home and how much I love being home with all my family.

Sunday was the ususal busy morning at church and then we grabbed fast food and went home to quickly change into very warm clothes. Today was the 2008 Buddy's Race Against Cancer and the entire Griner family participated. Last year Andi, John and I ran the race along with my mom, Ryan and G-Mama. This year Mike decided to run too, so I decided I would walk and push the little ones. I only have a single jogger stroller so my friend from church DeAnna pushed Landon and I pushed Addi. The big kids made pretty good time walking / running and Mike made really good time running from some other men from church. DeAnna and I had fun walking with Landon and Addi and they did really well. We had to make a few pit stops along the way to give out snacks and toys, but I think they had fun too. It was very cold so we were really bundled up!
G-Mama also did the race, as well as Aunt Samantha. We made our In Memory of Dad signs to wear during the race and it was a good reminder of all the many people who are affected by this disease.

Now, on to another busy week.......


Andi and Allie all smiles after finishing the race!!


The entire Griner clan after we all crossed the finish line!


G-Mama, Aunt Samantha and me showing off our signs to remember Dad. Even Landon and Addi show off their signs on the strollers.


My fellow stroller pusher DeAnna, a good friend from church.


Mike displaying his In Memory of His Dad sign for Fred Griner.


Mike and Chris, DeAnna's husband, before the race trying to stay warm.

7 comments:

The Slatton Family said...

Great weekend, huh? So glad that all of you were able to participate in the walk/run this year! Everyone looks nice and snuggly in their winter clothes!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

It was fun! Glad w got to do it. However, I cannot believe that you forgot that both Dave and I ran the race last year too. I don't think that Ryan did though! Your pics are good and I am proud of your whole family!

Ryan said...

Okay, so Ashley, you are cracking me up on this post. You must be on meds for your cold. I wasn't even in the same city last year for the race. Also, I your line, "Mike made good time running from some men at church, " is he afraid? Are they after him? I love you. Just "take it with a grain assault."

Jodi Brinkley said...

Too funny Ryan. I caught the running from men from church too and laughed out loud.
Truly though, wonderful post Ashley. Very neat that the whole family participated.
Also, Disney on Ice looked like great fun. The kids look so excited.

Shannon said...

Congrats on the run - what a great tribute to both fathers. Love the pictures and also the ones from the Disney post. I'm just catching up and will post tomorrow! Have a great week.

Heather said...

You go girl! I have much respect for runners...I am not one & prolly should be!
Thanks for displaying my button BTW. Your Three Pines button is on my Win It Wednesday post this week...check it out. http://thegiftcloset.blogspot.com/2008/11/win-it-wednesday-christmas-banner.html
Love the new background on your blog. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Mandy said...

Looks like the race was a lot of fun - it's amazing when you do something like that and you see the signs and all the people that cancer, or something else, has affected. Very touching! I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!