Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Father's Day 2008

The Proud Griner Daddy!!!!



Opening presents, Landon and Addison were very excited!!!







Ok, so I am very behind in my Father's Day post! However, in my defense I actually did try and post on Father's Day and the day after but blogger would not download my pictures. So, here I am over a week later finally posting!!

Anyway, I wanted to write a quick post honoring Father's Day 2008. We had a great Father's Day this year! Mike chose big steaks for lunch on Sunday and then we chose a couple of special gifts for daddy!! All the kids had fun pampering Dad for the day, and even Landon understood this year what Father's Day was.

Mike is a wonderful, wonderful father and absolutely LOVES being a father!!! He works so very hard for our family, with long hours at work and then coming home and still having energy to play with the little ones and spend time catching up with the older ones. Mike puts his job of fatherhood at the top of his priority list and it shows in how seriously he takes it!

I am so blessed to have a husband that loves family and time together. For me, it is remniscent of my own father, who I must mention on this Father's Day tribute. My father has been gone from this earth nearly 3 years, however his memory and lessons taught to me are alive and strong. Having had a great earthly father I know how important that role is and the impact it can make on your life. I see so much of my own father in my husband and it brings me joy to know the strength my children will have from their earthly father!

My dad loved being a grandfather!!! I am so thankful that life worked out so that he had the opportunity to enjoy being a grandaddy, because he LOVED it and we miss it!! (I looked for a picture with all the grandkids but blogger wouldn't download a scanned picture, this is Landon)


Me and my daddy after a show I was in (no, I don't normally dress this way!) Dad and Mom were and are always so supportive! Dad always emphasized getting a good education and wanted that for all his girls! Through his actions he taught us how to work hard for our goals and he and mom both taught us how to work together as husband and wife through all life's trials to achieve the goals for your family! I love him and miss him more than words can express!!!!


So, to all the Fathers out there (even if it is over a week late :)
Happy Father's Day to you and know how much you are loved by your families!!!

8 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

MIke is a wonderful father and you are right to say you are blessed to have him.

What a nice way to honor Daddy. We miss him so much and he was a wonderful father and I cannot wait to see him again.

Courtney said...

What a sweet post! I am glad Mike had a great father's day! We miss your daddy too.

The Slatton Family said...

What GREAT pictures! I'm so glad that Mike had a great day! Sweet, sweet post about your Dad! I know that he would be honored! Love you!

Ryan said...

Great post. It made me tear up. Mike is wonderful and you are all blessed. I miss Daddy too and think how blessed we all are to have husbands who are so like Daddy in many ways!!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a beautiful tribute to both Mike and your daddy. You are very fortunate.

Heather said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a good husband who is so into his family? What a blessing!
I miss your Dad too, he was such a sweet man!

Shannon said...

What a great day for you and Mike, and I agree with all the others in saying that we all miss your Daddy! We think of him all the time and I remember his sweet words of encouragement during our long wait to adopt our first angel. I know he would be proud of all his girls!

Mom said...

Mike certainly is a wonderful father! And I agree...so was your Daddy! I miss him....