Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!!

Amazingly I did not take any pictures of my Mother's Day weekend, however it was great! Friday, all of us except Mike and John went to Atlanta to see my mom's play that she directed. Aunt Samantha and Kaori came too. It was so much fun and she did a great job!! Saturday morning we went shopping to get Andi some summer clothes and then took G-Mama out for a Mother's Day lunch and celebration. I am so thankful for my mother and the wonderful grandmother she is to my children. I have a great example in her and admire her in so many ways!! I love you MOM!

After lunch, we headed back to TN. Once home, I was admittedly very tired and crashed in bed at 9:15. The next day was busy at church (I was teaching two classes), but once I was home I was able to relax. It was so nice. Mike and the kids made me a special lunch and dessert. They make me the same thing every year and it is my favorite! Then they gave me flowers, a new candle, and then John and Andi volunteered to babysit for my big gift of a facial, manicure and pedicure at Salon Visage! Wow! I was very surprised and excited! My husband was so great and then let me take another long nap!! I absolutely LOVE being a mother and find my greatest joys in each one of my children!! Hooray for all the Mothers!!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

You really did rack up on Mother's Day!!! You deserve it sister of mine.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

You deserve all that and more! You are a wonderful mother.

Heather said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day. You deserve it!!

The Slatton Family said...

Wow - what a great day! So glad that you were pampered! I know that they all really appreciate you!

Mandy said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! I hope your spa day is wonderful - you deserve it!!